Thursday, July 21, 2005

Martin O'Malley Picks Glen Ivey:

Ivey Watch: "Ivey Watch: "Martin O'Malley Picks Glen Ivey:

My best wishes go out to Glenn Ivey as rumors swirl around that he will run as Martin O'Malley's pick for Lieutenant Governor of Maryland. I have known Glenn for over 5 years. We met when I got a phone call from Glenn Ivey inviting my two boys (now the older two) to come down to play with Glenn's children. I knew him first as a neighborhood father and only later as a man in politics. He is a good and decent man. I notice that even with 5 young sons Glenn and Jolene Ivey get their children to Church. I notice that a baseball and soccer games I can expect to see one or both rooting their sons on. To do that with 5 children is something not to mention with the pressure that Glenn is under fighting crime in a county with too many murders and too few cops. I also notice that Glenn drives himself even though his predecessor had a full time police chauffeur. Glenn is about as straight and honest as they come. I am proud to have Glenn as a friend.
Barry O'Connell""

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home